Information for members
· Members’ club. Welcome, and thank you for joining. RWBSA is the members’ club at the Gerard Buxton Sports Ground. A copy of the Constitution is available on written request to the Secretary of RWBSA.
· Membership. Membership of RWB Cricket Club, RWB Town Football Club, RWB Hounds and RWB Tennis Club includes membership of the Sports Association (RWBSA). Membership cards are provided in January each year and should be collected from the bar as soon as possible after 1st January in the relevant year.
· Membership cards. If you join one of the sports clubs later in the calendar year, you will be given your RWBSA membership card at that time.
· Social Membership. Separate ‘Social Membership’, not involving membership of one of the sports clubs, is available for a modest fee, subject to sponsorship by two current RWBSA members. Please ask at the bar for details. Social membership is free to those in receipt of state pension.
· Advantages. Please carry this membership card at all times - it is your ticket to the facilities. It allows preferential prices on some bar products, and entitles you to use RWBSA’s on-site facilities. This applies to adult and junior club members in all categories. Membership cards are provided for all of us, and we should not rely on all staff being able to identify all of us on all occasions.
· Juniors. All Junior members (under the age of 18) are welcome within the licensed bar area but must be supervised by an adult at all times.
· Visitors. Individual members may personally introduce, during opening hours, no more than three friends or visitors as personal guests. Please enter their names in the Visitors’ Book (kept on the bar) together with your signature and any other required details. Team captains: please sign in your visiting team. The bar staff can provide assistance.
· Sports bags, equipment (including tennis racquets, footballs etc.) should not be brought into social areas, nor should they be left on the floor in the corridors. If you cannot leave them outside the building, e.g. locked in a car, please deposit them under the shelf in the bar area (turn left on entering the bar; the shelf is under the noticeboards).
· Parking. Ours is a generous site, but is occasionally quite full. Please follow the guidance arrows and, as a matter of courtesy, avoid using the designated disabled bays unless your vehicle displays a valid Blue Badge.
· Cycles. There are cycle posts around the turning circle. Please do not lean your cycles against any of the netting.
· Smoking. Ours is a non-smoking site, especially inside but also outside; this includes e-cigarettes (vaping). The car park, sports pitches, tennis courts, spectator areas, walkways and grassed areas are all non-smoking. There are, however, designated smoking points (three in summer, two in winter) close to the main building, so please do look for them and use them.
· Dogs. No animals, other than guide dogs for the blind, and hearing dogs, are normally allowed on site.
· Litter. Please use the bins provided, being careful to note whether they are for recyclable or non-recyclable waste. N.B. The grey bin with the green lid (next to the clothing bank) is for green gardening waste only.
· Booking a room. If you would like to book a room for a meeting, celebration, or other function, please ask at the bar for details, leave a message on 01793 853880, or visit our website (rwbsa.org.uk) where you can email a query or download a facility booking form for completion.
· Hiring a court or a pitch. Subject to availability, these facilities may be hired for social or corporate events. Please ask at the bar for details, leave a message on 01793 853880 or visit our website (rwbsa.org.uk) where you can email a query or download a facility booking form for completion. N.B. Appropriate footwear will always be required of users of our sports facilities.
· Facilities Opening Times. The site is normally open at 9 am, and closes when the bar is closed. Sports club members should contact their own club for specific details. Normal bar opening times are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 5.30 to 10.30 pm; Thursday 5.30 to 11 pm; Friday 4 – 10.30 pm (Happy Hour on beer: 4 pm to 7 pm); Saturday: 12 noon to 11 pm; Sunday: 12 noon to 6.30 pm. N.B. On Saturdays and Sundays tea/coffee/confectionery is served from 9 am onwards. At holiday and Bank Holiday times, and in exceptional circumstances, these are subject to alteration.
· Card spend. Due to bank charges, the minimum spend on any card is £5.
· RWBSA committees. Each sports club has representative/s on the Executive Committee and User Group. These are posted on the noticeboard in the entrance corridor.
· This is our club, to which we all contribute. When you see anything which goes against these guidelines then please address the issue yourself, mention it yourself or pass it on to your club representatives.